- This event has passed.
LICENSE TO CARRY (LTC) 09-15-2019
September 15, 2019 @ 9:15 am - 5:00 pm$25 – $105
The License To Carry (LTC) classroom is located in Cedar Park, Texas and the range is a little North of the intersection of HWY 29 and HWY 183. It is a quick drive for anyone coming from North Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Georgetown, Lampasas, Leander, Liberty Hill, Killeen, or Florence.
- Texas License To Carry (LTC) Course – $90 per Person plus Range Fees ($15.00) = $105.00
- Basic Safety & Pistol Course – $100.00 ($25 off of regular price if purchased with LTC) = $75.00
- Rental Gun (includes ammo) = $25.00
LICENSE TO CARRY (LTC) COURSE DESCRIPTION:
This course is designed to educate you on the responsibilities and laws applicable to handgun license holders. The state requires a minimum of 4 hours instruction covering the following topics to get your LTC followed by a written test. The following topics will be covered. A passing score of 70% is required to pass. Everything on the test will be covered in class.
- Laws That Relate To Weapons And To The Use Of Deadly Force
- Handgun Use And Safety, Including Use of Restraint Holsters and Methods To Ensure The Secure Carrying Of Openly Carried Handguns
- Non-Violent Dispute Resolution
- Proper Storage For Handguns With An Emphasis On Storage Practices That Eliminate The Possibility Of Accidental Injury To A Child
I give a discount ($25 off) on the Basic Safety and Pistol Course if you purchase it at the same time. More information about the course can be found at the following link: https://www.p3defense.com/courses/basic-safety-and-pistol/
LICENSE TO CARRY (LTC) COURSE OF FIRE:
The following course of fire is required for the proficiency demonstration. All shooters must complete it with a minimum score of 70% (175 out of possible 250). If a shooter has a malfunction, the shooter must work through the problem. If rounds are not fired within the allotted time, the shots will be scored as misses.
Stage 1: Twenty shots – (20) will be fired from 3 yards.
- Five (5) shots fired in a “One Shot Exercise”, 2 seconds allowed for each shot.
- Ten shots (10) fired in a “Two Shot Exercise”, 3 seconds allowed for each two shot sequence.
- Five (5) shots fired in 10 seconds
Stage 2: Twenty shots (20) will be fired from 7 yards.
- Five (5) shots will be fired in 10 seconds.
- Five (5) shots will be fired in 2 stages: (i) Two (2) shots will be fired in 4 seconds. (ii) Three (3) shots will be fired in 6 seconds.
- Five (5) shots fired in a “One Shot Exercise”, 30 seconds allowed for each shot.
- Five (5) shots fired in 15 second8s.
Stage 3: Ten shots (10) fired from 15 yards
- Five (5) shots fired in two stages:
- Two (2)shots fired in 6 seconds.
- Three (3) shots fired in 9 seconds.
- Five (5) shots fired in 15 seconds.
You will leave class with the certificate that you need for DPS when you apply for your license.
Thank You in advance for taking my class!